Every season I take on a limited number of new coaching clients. They're typically ambitious, focused individuals who want to make the fastest possible progress on one or more of these goals:
- Get more work done each day;
- Finish writing and other projects;
- Work more effectively;
- Have more to show for their efforts;
- Reclaim the joy and attachment they previously felt toward their work; and/or
- Achieve a happier, healthier, more joyful life balance.
I also help people:
- Find new jobs:
- Transition to new careers; and/or
- Start or grow businesses (esp. writing, arts, wellness, coaching, and consulting).
"My productivity has increased ten fold."
— Sonia, Artist
"Our conversation last week has given me renewed purpose, focus, and direction."
— Yvonne S., Nurse
"I could not have imagined how quickly I would see results from working with you!"
— Artemis H., Writer
You picked up critical clues from our discussions and pointed me back to my positive and motivated path."
— Scott B., Programmer
A few points about my coaching:
It's fast! Nearly all clients see improvement after just a single session, and most achieve strong, sustainable improvement after just a month of working together.
It offers a tremendous return-on-investment (ROI). If I work with you for an hour and help you gain just an extra hour of productivity per week, that's a huge return in just the first year! But my coaching doesn't just add an hour or two to your input: it can double or triple it, or multiply it even more.
Of course, along with higher productivity comes increased pride and joy in your work, decreased stress, a happier and healthier life, and happier and more harmonious relationships. Please check out my coaching packages below. I coach only via telephone or online (audio only), on a flexible schedule that allows me to work with people from around the world. All coaching is prepaid via PayPal or check, and nonrefundable; and all coaching hours are valid for up to one year after date of purchase.
Note: I offer discounted rates for qualifying full-time students, and those doing at least half-time pro bono activist work. If you think you qualify, please email me.
All new coaching clients receive a free e-copy of the most relevant of my books, which they are advised to review prior to our first talk. (If you already own the book, you can give the e-copy to someone else.)
If you're familiar with my writing, you probably already have an idea of what kind of coach I am. I'm compassionate yet direct, focused, and precise. I aim for quick progress. I don’t beat around the bush, but tell you what I think you’re doing right (usually more than you realize), what I think you’re doing wrong (usually less), and how others may be influencing your situation. I do best with clients who like a nuts-and-bolts, plain-spoken, pragmatic, problem-solving-oriented approach. If that describes you, then purchase a Needs Analysis/Action Plan package below and we'll get started.
1. Needs Analysis/Action Planning package
All coaching begins with a five-step Needs Analysis/Action Planning package:
- You send me a 1-2 page informal narrative outlining your situation, goals, and challenges, plus your resume or c.v. if you wish, plus some additional materials I will suggest. I will thoroughly review these prior to Step #2.
- We have a 90-minute conversation via telephone or Skype (audio only) during which we discuss the issues you raise in your narrative. The focus of the conversation will be on revealing the exact nature and proper context of the challenges you face (including productivity and time management challenges), and designing solutions for them.
- I follow up within one day with an email with notes from our conversation, highlighting specific areas of perfectionism and other barriers that came up.
- You spend a few days thinking about our conversation, and trying some of the solutions to perfectionism and procrastination outlined here. Especially:
- Journaling about your obstacles and barriers to productivity.
- Dialoguing with your inner perfectionist.
- Practicing nonperfectionist Timed Work Intervals. (At least one a day.)
- We have a follow-up conversation of up to thirty minutes about the results of your work, and any remaining questions or concerns you have.
Needs Analysis / Action Planning Process, $375
Prepay below, and I'll be in touch by email.
2. Hourly Packages
If you wish to continue beyond the Needs Analysis/Action Planning Process, you may book time on an hourly basis. My hourly rate is $145/hour or $675 for a discounted 5-hour block, payable in advance via check or PayPal. I try to be very flexible so you get the most value for your investment: we can schedule calls as frequently or infrequently as you wish, and for whatever call duration you wish. (Minimum call time: 15 minutes.) Sample engagements include:
- To help you maintain ongoing productivity: weekly, biweekly, monthly, bimonthly, or seasonal calls of 30 mins or an hour.
- To help you meet an imminent deadline: daily or several-times-a-week calls of 15 mins to 1 hour.
- To get advice about a particular situation: a single one- or two-hour discussion. (Two is preferred because it allows us to really delve into issues, and also allows for a useful follow-up.)
- Or, whatever schedule works for you!
- Evening and weekend times available.
Per-Hour Coaching, $145 per hour
Per-Hour Coaching discount, $675 for 5 hours
Prepay below, and I'll be in touch by email.
As noted above, all coaching is prepaid via PayPal or check, and nonrefundable. Coaching hours are usable for one year after purchase. I offer discounted rates for qualifying full-time students and those doing pro bono activism at least 20 hours/week, who have no other substantial sources of income or assets. Email me if you think you qualify.
Join My Mailing List
For The Latest News And Events
Greetings from Hillary!
Welcome! My goal is to help you recognize and overcome any disempowering forces in your work and life so that you can reclaim your joyful productivity and achieve your personal and professional goals more quickly and easily than you ever imagined! Thanks for checking out my site, and I always welcome your comments, suggestions, and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The single best thing you can do to support me and my work is to review one of my books on Amazon or elsewhere. Thank you in advance!