My New Book on Undergraduate Productivity is Out!
I’m thrilled to announce that my latest book, Productivity is Power: 5 Liberating Practices for College Students, is now out and available at all online and offline bookstores.
Productivity is Power is for ALL undergraduates (and college-bound high schoolers), as well as for the parents, faculty, counselors, coaches, tutors, and others who support them. If your student is wrestling with procrastination, perfectionism, time management, and/or issues of resiliency, Productivity is Power will help them overcome those barriers and achieve their best.
It will also help non-students! The principles are universal. It represents a big advance in my thinking over The 7 Secrets of the Prolific: if that book helped you, this one will help you more.
I’m truly honored that James Wilkinson, the former head of Harvard’s Bok Center for Teaching and Learning, and the organizer of the leading international undergraduate pedagogy conference, wrote the foreword.
More details below. If you read and enjoy Productivity is Power or any other of my works, please leave an online review at your favorite bookseller. Reviews are the best way to support my work, and even a one or two line review is fine!
About Productivity is Power
College is one of life’s most enriching experiences, but there’s no doubt that it can also be a challenge. It might, for instance, be your first time living on your own, among people and ideas dramatically different from those you grew up with.
And today, more than ever, there’s pressure. A bad economy makes it even more important to get great grades, get great internships or work-study experiences, and to graduate with a great plan. The competition at every stage is intense, and so is the stress. And social media isn’t exactly helping. Not only is it massively distracting, it’s full of competitive, critical, negative, and otherwise destructive messages that makes things (vastly) worse.
At the same time, you’re probably dealing with all the “normal” productivity challenges that most people face, including procrastination, perfectionism, and time management.
Traditional productivity books for general audiences can help some, but what’s really needed is a book that addresses college students’ particular needs and productivity challenges. Productivity is Power is that book.
It will help you:
- Locate, understand, and overcome your barriers to productivity and success so that you can become immediately more productive, successful, and happy.
- Start your work on time, work steadily on it, and hand it on time. (Or early!)
- Work through problems and obstacles. (No procrastination or derailments!)
- Handle mistakes, failures, and other setbacks.
- Manage your time well, so that you can succeed academically while also living a healthy, happy, and balanced life. And,
- Work more effectively with your professors, teaching assistants, and other academic personnel.
And much more!
Productivity is Power also offers many unique, and uniquely effective, solutions, including:
- Re-Empowerment. How to locate and remedy the specific forms of dis-empowerment that keep you from doing your work.
- Compassionate Objectivity. The mindset that neutralizes perfectionism while maintaining accountability and a success orientation.
- Timed Work Intervals, Randomization, “Having a Dialogue with Your Inner Critic,” and other solutions to perfectionism.
- The Joyful Dance, a highly effective work method founded on principles of personal empowerment and compassionate objectivity.
- Values-Based Time Management, which helps you achieve not just maximum empowerment and productivity in the short term, but maximum success and happiness over the course of your career and life.
- Many solutions for common writing and work problems including not finishing, not submitting, over-researching, constantly starting over, and avoidance (of difficult parts of the project). Also, for efficient decision-making both within and around projects.
- Many techniques for efficient problem-solving, especially in STEM courses.
- Solutions for coping with criticism, rejection, and perceived failures. And,
- Solutions for “digital distraction,” online harassment, and other 21st Century obstacles to work and success.
Get Productivity is Power now for the students and teachers in your life, and also for yourself!
Get The Latest News And Events
Greetings from Hillary!
Welcome! My goal is to help you recognize and overcome any disempowering forces in your work and life so that you can reclaim your joyful productivity and achieve your personal and professional goals more quickly and easily than you ever imagined! Thanks for checking out my site, and I always welcome your comments, suggestions, and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The single best thing you can do to support me and my work is to review one of my books on Amazon or elsewhere. Thank you in advance!